Helena Cobban, some media appearances, April-June 2008
- On June 26, Justin Elliott of the Mother Jones website published this interview with me, about the book.
- On June 24, I took part in a panel discussion titled "Foreign Policy and the next U.S. administration?" at the U.S. Institute of Peace in Washington DC. The other panelists were Nikolas Gvosdev, editor of The National Interest, and Daniel Twining of the State Department. You can listen to an MP3 audio record of the discussion here.
- On June 23, I did a 15-minute segment on Amy Goodman's morning show on
Democracy Now!, for radio and t.v. audiences. We discussed mainly
developments in the Middle East.
- May 21, I got to talk about some of the big themes in Re-engage! for around half an hour on Jerome McDonnell's excellent 'Worldview' program on Chicago Public Radio. You can download or listen to that show here. I'm in the first half there.
- On May 19, I spoke at at the Miller Center Forum,
hosted by George Gilliam in Charlottesville, VA. This book-launch
event was videotaped and and web-archived and can be viewed or
downloaded in a number of different
formats through this portal.
- On April 29, 2008, I was a guest for 40 minutes on Michael Jackson's radio show on KGIL (Los Angeles.) You can download an MP3 file of the whole of Michael's one-hour program there, here. I come in at the 20-minute mark.
- On April 25, 2008, the Christian Science Monitor published an article
in which I laid out some of the big-picture arguments of the book.
That web-page also has a link to audio of a 9-minute conversation I
had about the book with my CSM editor, Josh Burek.